About the Course
This course covers all aspects of starting and operating a professional event planning business.
Students work at their own pace utilizing online curriculum including; contracts/templates, marketing strategies, videos, & our student support center. Your mentor or online instructor is available to help walk you through and complete the certification requirements.Add To Cart
Become a Wedding & Event Planner!
As the #1 Academic Program for Wedding & Event Professionals in the United States, LWPI’s Certificate in Wedding and Event Planning course is an intensive program designed to educate students on the business best practices, methods, and techniques to get started in the planning industry right away.
- Building a preferred vendor network
- Creating a professional portfolio
- Hands-on experience working with real clients
- Wholesale business opportunities
Tuition includes instructor/mentor, online curriculum, course textbook, wedding and event planning software, exam fee, certificate, student center library of resources, instructional videos and templates. Through the student center students can also connect with other students around the world in discussion boards, messaging, blogs and individual online classes. Through the career center students can apply for internships and/or job placement assistance.
Instructors and Mentors
Online instructors are trained and certified to help students meet their certificate requirements and prepare for the industry certificate exam. Instructors and mentors are seasoned wedding and event professionals who help students get started in the industry right away.
The materials include the professional event planning software and Professional Wedding and Event Planning Textbook. This book includes all materials needed to complete the course. Within the book students also receive a manual with templates for contracts, business plans, wedding planning packages, themed weddings and designs so that students can utilize these resources to build their own business tools. The student library contains hundreds of downloadable documents to build your business or career.
Upon successful completion of the Certified Wedding and Event Planner program, you will:
- Have a portfolio of business contracts, pricing information, packages, and presentation tools
- Understand the process for setting up a legal wedding planning business and be knowledgeable about business structure: licenses, insurances, and major local, state, and federal laws and regulations that affect business, as well as the procedural requirements necessary for compliance
- Be proficient in prospecting for and contracting with wedding and special event clients
- Understand how to use marketing, publishing, and public relations to promote and increase your business
- Understand how to develop service packages that give you a competitive edge in your local market
- Know the difference between traditional and non-traditional etiquette
- Be familiar with various wedding traditions and cultures and how to incorporate a client’s ethnic or cultural background into the celebration
You will be proficient in the following:
- Planning a budget, selecting a vendor, and designing a wedding
- Reading and understanding existing vendor contracts, and creating new ones
- Choosing design elements, fabrics, and styles
- Understanding the six stages of an event experience and ways to implement them
- Understanding the science behind food & wine pairing for special event menu planning
- Preparing the proper table setting and establishing etiquette techniques
- Using wedding and event planning software, tools, and resources
- Implementing a wedding event timeline
- Developing your preferred local industry vendor network
- Working with a bridal client to plan, design, and deliver a dream wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I really get started on my wedding and event planning certificate for $49.99/month?
A: Yes! The Self-Study membership provides students with the tools necessary to get started in the wedding and event planning certificate program right away.
Q: Where can I go to find a job as a wedding and event planner?
A: All Wedding Planning Institute graduates have the opportunity to participate in an internship to get started. OR you can work with us at Lovegevity as an independent planner! :)
Q: What makes The Wedding Planning Institute the best in the industry?
A: Lovegevity’s course curriculum is constantly reviewed by Accredited Colleges and Universities that measure academic standards upheld by thousands of accredited academic learning institutions in the U.S. and other countries.
Q: Is wedding planning a career I can start after I finish the course?
A: The Certified Wedding and Event Planning course covers what you need to know about structuring your wedding planning business and more importantly, how to earn an income.
Q: How long does the course take to complete?
A: 8-10 weeks.
Q: Is Your Program Accredited?
A:Yes. Our program has been approved by the Government for its Certification based on the results of the success of our students. The CWEP program qualifies for MyCaa and VA funding including post 9/11 GI Bill.
Q: Can high school students enroll in a LWPI program?
A: Yes, students that are in high school looking at LWPI for a wedding and event planning certificate program or other courses are welcome to apply.
Q: What happens after I finish the course?
A: We have three options to graduates: Internships – for those looking for more hands-on experience. Job Placement Assistance – for those looking to work as a wedding planner. Bridal Client Referrals – for those who have started their own wedding planning busines.
Q: How long do I have to complete the Certified Wedding and Event Planning course?
A: Most student finish within 8 weeks however all students have 6 months from the date of enrollment to complete the self-study or online program. Most college or university classes run for 8 to 10 weeks. Most students finish within this timeline.
Whichever is more convenient, the choice is up to you.
You have the flexible option to start right away at your own pace and attend live online discussions when its convenient to you.
Attend a live class at an accredited college or university campus near you and apply hands-on training with on-the-job experience.
Jump start your career today with all 6 textbooks from LWPI’s library of professional studies for wedding and event planners.
Need help with tuition & loans? We can help!