About the Course
This course covers all aspects of starting and operating a professional event planning business.
You can work at your own pace or attend weekly live webinars, connect with mentors and instructors through video, phone, email, and text, while utilizing the online curriculum and student center library including; contracts/templates, marketing strategies, videos, & student support. Your mentors and online instructor are available to help walk you through and complete the certification requirements each week to help keep you on track to complete the program.Continue for Tuition Cost
Many students elect to participate in an internship during the program or once the program is completed.
Become a Wedding & Event Planner!
As the #1 Academic Program for Wedding & Event Professionals in the United States, LWPI’s Certificate in Wedding and Event Planning course is an intensive program designed to educate students on best practices, methods, and techniques to get started in the planning industry right away.
- Daily live class discussions with industry experts (on campus & online)
- Building a preferred vendor network
- Creating a professional portfolio
- Internships and Hands-on experience working with real clients
- Wholesale business opportunities
Tuition includes instructors, weekly mentoring discussions, online curriculum, course textbook, exam fee, certificate, student center library of resources, instructional videos and templates. Through the student center students can also connect with other students around the world in discussion boards, messaging, blogs and individual online classes. Through the career center students can apply for internships and/or job placement assistance.
Instructors and Mentors
Online instructors are trained and certified to help students meet their certificate requirements and prepare for the industry certificate exam. Instructors and mentors are seasoned wedding and event professionals who help students get started in the industry right away.
The materials include the professional event planning software and Professional Wedding and Event Planning Textbook. This book includes all materials needed to complete the course. Within the book students also receive a manual with templates for contracts, business plans, wedding planning packages, themed weddings and designs so that students can utilize these resources to build their own business tools. The student library contains hundreds of downloadable documents to build your business or career.
Upon successful completion of the Certified Wedding and Event Planner program, you will:
- Have a portfolio of business contracts, pricing information, packages, and presentation tools
- Understand the process for setting up a legal wedding planning business and be knowledgeable about business structure: licenses, insurances, and major local, state, and federal laws and regulations that affect business, as well as the procedural requirements necessary for compliance
- Be proficient in prospecting for and contracting with wedding and special event clients
- Understand how to use marketing, publishing, and public relations to promote and increase your business
- Understand how to develop service packages that give you a competitive edge in your local market
- Know the difference between traditional and non-traditional etiquette
- Be familiar with various wedding traditions and cultures and how to incorporate a client’s ethnic or cultural background into the celebration
You will be proficient in the following:
- Planning a budget, selecting a vendor, and designing a wedding
- Reading and understanding existing vendor contracts, and creating new ones
- Choosing design elements, fabrics, and styles
- Understanding the six stages of an event experience and ways to implement them
- Understanding the science behind food & wine pairing for special event menu planning
- Preparing the proper table setting and establishing etiquette techniques
- Using wedding and event planning software, tools, and resources
- Implementing a wedding event timeline
- Developing your preferred local industry vendor network
- Working with a bridal client to plan, design, and deliver a dream wedding